Friday, May 26, 2006

Money Planning

Like it or not, we live in a capitalist society. Money and financial standings are closely related to how comfortable you get by each day. The Classic model of "infinite wants, finite resources" comes to mind.

I met up with my friend earlier to discuss about financial planning. I've known this guy from Hendon and now he is working as a Financial Advisor at Prudential. He got me thinking of the effects of the "legal tender" and gave a scary but realistic figure of how much was required to see me to my grave. =(

However, I am one stubborn person... To commit to risk taking was just not my cuppa... besides, I have yet to start work and my income and expenditures are unclear. True... nobody can see what would happen next year (or for this matter, tomorrow!!!) but that is the excitement of life, isn't it. Guess I just have to get by with good old term savings and hope for a pleasant tomorrow [with many fingers crossed]

No comments: