Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Singapore 40th Birthday

This is a milestone for the nation!!! The celebrations are simply overwhelming. And I may get to cast my first Vote for elections =) wow... and not only for the general elections but maybe the presidential elections too. Since I turn 21 on 2002, this is the first chance of a poll. Well... elections are not that dramatic here, i guess. The political climate is very controlled and stable - good or bad? can't really say.

However, many eligible people do not even get to participate in polling for the whole of their lifes!!! Problem: 1) No constituency competition, 2) No Presidential competition, 3) Never heard of referandums.

Maybe this year I get to cast my vote for both General Elections and Presidential Elections (w/fingers Xrossed) (",)

No comments: