Thursday, July 21, 2005

There is no Island !!!

Yes, it has been some time since the last good movie surfaced. I must say, this movie did not catch my attention at all earlier. No thanks to the publicity and lousy trailers for the movie. The trailers did not show what the theme was about, and the title somehow relates to "Lost" TV series. Thanks to Pamela who asked to watch this movie :)

This movie has a GREAT storyline. The theme is based on ethics of Genetic Engineering or Cloning for that matter. I liked the hardware... the gadgets they use, that beautiful table and the car and boat!!! And yes not forgetting the incredibly Physics flawed "Wasp" vehicle. Those that love sci-fi and futuristic themes that are realistic, will enjoy this. And this movie is full of it (full of messages that is, heehee).

Without too much disclosure, here is the very cool Official Website:
http://www.theisland-themovie.com/
Ewan McGregor (Star Wars Ep 1 & 2, Moulin Rouge)
Scarlet Johansson (Girl with the Pearl Earring, Lost in Translation)
I enjoyed this movie and I hope you will too.

Side-Note:
I discovered a hidden agenda towards the end of the movie; "God vs Man".
God: Professor
Angels: the clones (their white uniform, and the so innocent behavior)
Serpent (Devil): Leader of Security Team (Djimon Hounsou, the black guy)
Adam & Eve: Lincoln 6E, Jordon 2D (They discovered sex!!!)
:: Thanks to my Visual Arts Module ^^
:: Let me know if you don't catch this point, glad to 'enlighten'.

No comments: